Thursday

Z is for.....


Hello Beautiful People!
I'm a little bleary-eyed today after staying up most of last night to watch my Night Blooming Cereus flower do its thing for the very first time in the 14 years I've owned it. (click here to see my time-lapse video) But I'm back with the Z bird today--a Zebra Finch who lives in a zither! 
 Z is for Zelda,
whose chirp goes "tick-tock."
She lives in a zither-shaped
cute cuckoo clock.
 This is definitely one of the larger and more intricate pieces in the book. Gotta go out with a bang, right? Here's a few detail shots so you can appreciate the shingled roof: 
 And here's that clock face and two zebra finch cuckoo birds! 
 I'm planning on doing the mockup for the book soon, so I will have to figure out the best angle to show all the details.
Thanks everyone who has sent such sweet messages to me in the past week as I've been finishing this stage of the project. I haven't had the time to respond to everyone, but know that I have read them all and am so thankful. 
There's one last bird in the Alphabird alphabet.....V.  I *think* I'll be able to present it tomorrow, but it's been giving me some challenges that I believe I tackled today. You'll see why. It will be so worth it if it works!  
And now, your moment of Zen: 
 take care,
Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment